Friday, April 13, 2012

Choices


Now fear the LORD and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your ancestors worshiped beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD.But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” - Joshua 24:14-15
In the passage above, Joshua is speaking to God’s already chosen people who have began to serve other gods. Joshua asks them to make a choice of whom they will serve, the almighty God who has been with them since the beginning, defeated all of their enemies, and blessed them in every way possible (Jos.24:1-13) …or the false gods created by the world who have done nothing for them. 
Lately, I’ve been excited to hear that people have been deciding to live their life fully, completely and 100% for Christ..which makes me happier than you probably could imagine!!! For me, it was like almost as soon as I made that declaration, people came out the WOODWORKS to try and stop me! No, they weren’t standing between God and I with “STOP” signs but they sure found time to interrogate me about my decision every chance they got. As I was surrounded by “those” people, their doubts and nay-saying began to drown out the voice of God. 
It was then that God sent an AWESOME group of people in my life that began to encourage me, edify me and speak life to/over me. I slowly began to release my doubts that I could live a life that was holy & acceptable to Christ and began to believe that it was totally possible to do so….and still have fun! Mythoughts began to change when what I was hearing changed, and what I was hearing changed when the people around me changed. (Now read that one more time). For the Word of God declares, “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” -Proverbs 27:17
I’m not saying that this journey to live a lifestyle holy and acceptable to God will be easy, but I AMtelling you that it is possible through God and it’s WELL worth the trip. God will supply everything that you need to fulfill His purpose for your life! The Word of God declares that “being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” - Phil. 1:6.
So don’t be afraid as you start (or continue) this journey of living for Christ, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” -Jer. 29:11.
Living your life for God is the best choice you can make and He will bless you for it! (Yep, even better than we deserve!) 
May the love of God consume you, the encouragement of God’s children surround you and may you find delight in the joy of new life in Christ Jesus! 
Allison :)
(originally posted: March 23, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment