Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"Close...Enough"

This morning (06/04/12) as I read the story of Jesus healing the 10 lepers in Luke 17:11-17. I was immediately drawn to verses 17-18 where Jesus is asking the ONLY One of the 10 lepers who returned to say "thank you" where the rest of them were.... and that's a GREAT question. It's amazing that God can bless us with something and then we can "disappear" because "we good" now, right?

But THAT isn't the revelation God dropped on me this morning....it was from verses 12-13: the lepers stood AT A DISTANCE and cried out to Jesus for Him to have pity on them. ... My question: How many of US get "just close ENOUGH" to God to get something? We pray, fast, read our Bibles, come to church, fellowship with believers who are strong in the faith WHILE we're "waiting on a breakthrough or miracle" ....then it comes ...and sometimes, WE go.

When you don't have a REAL relationship with someone, it's EASY to walk away every time something doesn't go your way or you don't get what you THINK you deserve or want. If we're only seeking after God for blessings, if we DON'T get what we think we want/deserve WHEN we think we deserve it, then it gives us a false sense of validation to walk away from God's way.

We all say & hear others say "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Phil 4:13), BUT we would be doing an injustice to ourselves and our faith not to read the previous two, "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." - Phil 4:11-12

The ability to be content while being in need of a blessing & having an abundance of blessings is attained through an intimate, personal relationship with Christ. In this world we live in, lots of people mistakenly tie blessings to their happieness....when they straight, you can't beat them going to church, being all chippery, cheesing down... but as SOON as they're between blessings, you can tell IMMEDIATELY.

In addition to Phil 4:13, we are encouraged to stay in God's presence where there is FULLNESS of Joy (Ps 16:11), promised OVERFLOWING Joy for obedience (John 15:10-11), and a Joy that can NEVER be taken away (John 16:22).

So today I urge us all to go DEEPER with God, drawing close to Him knowing that He will respond and move towards us (James 4:8), get closer than just "at a distance" and I pray the remainder of your day is as AWESOME as the God we serve! :-)

I'm encouraging to go deeper for YOURSELF! :-) 





I Love You!
Allison :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment